Home of the Sahnish
We envision students who will have attained a healthy mind, body, and spirit through understanding and appreciation of the Native American culture which will promote an awareness of and respect for all cultures.
1. To develop and implement a comprehensive, sequential curriculum that provides educational opportunities and authentic tasks which will address individual strengths, needs, and learning styles.
2. To infuse culturally relevant concepts and materials into the curriculum that will address individual strengths, needs, and learning styles.
3. To provide a clean, safe, and healthy environment conducive to learning.
4. To establish regular educational and social activities which are designated to increase partnership and social interaction between school and community.
5. To enhance professional development of teachers and staff through the research and application of new and established educational theories and methods to promote the continuance of strong instructional leadership.
6. To recognize, maintain, and implement tribal, state, and federal guidelines and regulations.
7. To apply assessment methods which promote accountability of student performance.
The Arikara Creed
We believe in the teaching of our ancestors, in the love and power of atíʾAx neesaánuʾ tinačitákUx, in the merits of bravery, generosity, wisdom and the respect for all living and non-living things. We will strive as young, proud, Native Americans for the Sahnish Nation to uphold these teachings: to observe, to interpret and to apply these principles in our daily lives.